Tips on writing or emailing your
Member of Congress
1. Try to stick to one page, two pages at most.
2. In a short first paragraph, state your purpose and stick with one subject or issue.
3. If a bill is the subject, cite it by name and number.
4. Be factual and support your position with information on how legislation is likely to affect you and others.
5. If you believe legislation is wrong and should be opposed, say so.
6. Ask for the legislators views, but do not demand support.
The Honorable _______
United States Senate
Washington D.C. 20510
United States House
Washington D.C. 20515